- 100g (1/2 cup) packed fresh mint
- 100g (1/2 cup) packed fresh Italian parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 120ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml cup red wine vinegar (or more to taste)
- 60ml teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 50g (1/4 cup) diced red onion
- 4tbsp MWELL Microbiome Powder
Add the mint, parsley, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, MWELL Microbiome Powder, red pepper flakes and salt to a blender or food processor.
Pulse until the ingredients are well chopped, but not puréed. Be careful not to blend for too long as the blades can heat up and turn the mint black. Scrape down the sides with a spatula to get an even chop.
Tip the chopped ingredients into a small bowl and stir in the diced red onion.
Taste for seasoning and add more salt, red wine vinegar and pepper flakes as needed.
Cover the surface of the chimichurri with cling film and refrigerate until you’re ready to marinate.
Use the marinade or sauce.
Tips & Tricks:
Chimichurri is really versatile. Add it into salads, drizzle over roasted vegetables or use it as a sauce for meat and fish. And if there’s one, must-try serving, it’s with grilled sweet potato. Give it a go!